American Sandwich Bread
Original Source : browneyedbaker, I had adapted the recipe a bit as below and I did the knead by hand if you use electric stand mixture or bread maker, please refer to original method or refer from your machine.
Makes one 9-inch loaf
- 2¾ cups unbleached bread flour
- 1 cup Graham flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- Mix 3½ cups of the flour and the salt in the bowl. Mix the milk, water, butter, honey, and yeast. Use wooden spoon mix all together and then transfer to the floured surface table and knead until the dough form smooth about 10-15 minutes. (during knead you can add the remain flour because the dough is sticky) and then round a ball.
- Place the dough in a very lightly oiled large bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the warmed place or place in warm oven until the dough doubles in size, about 40 minutes.
- Press the dough into a rectangle and no longer than 9 inches. Roll the dough firmly into a cylinder, pressing with your fingers to make sure the dough sticks to itself. Turn the dough seam-side up and pinch it closed.
- Place the dough seam-side down in a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and press it gently so it touches all four sides of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until the dough almost doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place an empty baking pan on the bottom rack. Add 2 cups of boiling water into the empty pan on the bottom rack at set the loaf onto the middle rack.
- Bake until an bread turn brown about 40 to 50 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan, transfer to a wire rack, and cool to room temperature. Slice and serve.