After I has made this sourdough bread and I found it was a nice bread. The one thing I like to make this kind of bread, because my hubby like to eat. He's my inspired to make sourdough bread.
- 175 g bread flour
- 3 g dry yeast
- 90 ml lukewarm water
For the dough;
- 225 g/2 cups bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 225 g/2 cups wholemeal bread flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 7 g dry yeast
- 275 ml lukewarm water
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Sift the flour for the starter into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. In a small bow mix a yest with water and pour into the centre of the flour and gradually mix in the surrounding flour to form a firm dough.
2. Turn the dough into the floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with lightly oiled clear film and leave to rise, in warm place for 8-10 hours or overnight.
5. Stir in the flour mixture a little at a time, then add the olive oil in the same way, and mix into the soft dough. Turn to the floured surface and knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.