Saturday 31 March 2012

Cik Kong Spare ribs



I don't know the meaning of this words "Cik Kong" I was searching a internet for spare ribs recipe and found this recipe from Malaysia Blogger "Yummylittlecooks". It's look interesting and yummy, but I didn't follow all her ingredients. I just adapted what ingredients I had in my kitchen. Anyway Thank to Yummylittlecooks for sharing a wonderful recipe. 

Cik Kong Spare Ribs Recipe
INGREDIENTS : 
  • 500g spare ribs, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds

MARINADE :
  • 1 tbsp plain flour
  • 1 tbsp corn flour
  • 1 tbsp Chinese wine 
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 tsp Baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp water

SAUCE :
  • 2 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 1 tbsp chilli sauce
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 tsp soya sauce 

METHOD :

1. Combine spare ribs with marinade and mix well. Marinate for 3 hours.
2. Heat oil in the wok and deep-fry the spareribs until golden brown. Dish and drain.
3. Pour sauce into a clean wok and bring to boil. Add in spare ribs, mix well and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.



It was a very nice and yummy dish, my family love it. I'm thinking to make it again but next time I will try to use chicken drum stick because my kids like chicken.


2 comments:

yummylittlecooks said...

Hi, thank you for trying this :)
Glad that you enjoy it :)

MaeJJ said...

Hi, it's a nice dish and my family like it. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...