This pound cake I have made in the 3rd time in two weeks, I had fail in the 2nd attempt and this time the result was great as I wish too. The texture was so soft and smooth. I so grad I can make it good as I want. But! I still not success in other butter cake and I need to try again or I’ll give up hahaha, let’s cheers me up to pass through it.
Yield for 2 loaf
- 210 g. caster sugar (I use only 180 g. I find it’s too sweet for me)
- 90 g. corn syrup
- 6 eggs
- 360 g. melt butter
- ¼ baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sp (its emulsifier same like ovalet)
- 3 tbsp. milk powder
- 45 g. water
- Butter or spray the bottom and sides of a cake loft/pan (8 x 3.5 x 3 inch) for 2 loafs
- In a large bowl combine the flour, milk powder and baking powder, sieved together and put in mixing blow.
- Add sugar, sp, water and eggs and beat in low speed for 1 min. and scrape the side of the mixing blow, continues beat in high speed for 5 min. while beating stop the mixture and scrape off the side of blow more often to make sure the mixture will well done mix.
- Reduce the speed to low and add syrup while continues beat and then add melted butter (while it’s hot too) continues beat for 1-2 min. and then stop the mixture and use spatula stir lightly, and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Use a damp cloth place on the baking tray, and put the pan on top of the damp cloth and bake for 40-45 min. or use a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. During bake about 20-25 min. I use the foil to cover on top of the cake to prevent a cake surface get burn.
Thank you to Khun Saisunee, whose share this great recipe.