So long I have been not make Chiffon Cake, first time when I started bake a cake it’s only chiffon cake I can make. I think it’s was easy than other cake until I found a recipe basic sponge cake one step and I find it’s easy and well done every time I bake it until I stop bake chiffon cake.
But to bake cake just for eat our own, sometime I find too much works, must make butter cream or fruits or chocolate for topping. Today just thinking why we don’t try plain cake and eat with tea! Let bake chiffon cake and eat with tea then.
Actually plain chiffon it’s good with afternoon tea. The cake is moisture and soft.
Orange Chiffon Cake
- 1-1/3 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tbsp milk powder
- ½ cup sugar (1)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 4 egg yolk
- 90 gm ( 1/3 cup+ 2 tbsp) orange juice
- 4 white eggs
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar (2)
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Prepare a cake pan by lining with parchment or wax paper. You can put in the cup instead.
2. Sift cake flour, milk powder, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix together the orange juice, egg yolk and oil. Add dry mixture and pour in the juice mixture. Mix together for about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer or hand mix until thoroughly mix.
4. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Add in cream of tartar. Slowly add a sugar. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks only. You can see whether the egg whites are soft peaks by lift the beater up and the egg whites can stand or not dropping.
5. Gently fold the egg whites in to the batter and pour batter in prepared cake pan.
6. Put the other tray in the oven and fill them water to make a water bath, and then place the cake batter tray into the water bath tray.
7. Bake with a bottom heat element for 20-25 minutes, and then switch ON the upper heat element for 5 minutes. The cake is ready when an inserted wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean.
8. Loosen the sides with a knife or metal spatula and invert to a metal rack almost immediately. Let it cool and cut into pieces.
Note: If you bake in the cup you can skip step 6 and 8 and baking time may be less about 15-20 minute.