I like the make this vanilla sponge often because the recipe was simple and the result of texture came was fantastic. Today I made cupcake topping with whipping cream.
Vanilla sponge cupcake recipe
- 120 g caster sugar
- 120 g flour (I using self raising flour)
- 4 eggs (grade B) at room temperature
- 10 g sponge stabilizer or ovallette
- 20 g water
- 20 g vegetable oil (sunflower, canola, or corn oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla (you can use vanilla pod or pure vanilla essence)
- Place sugar, flour, eggs, ovallette, water and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at high speed till creamy for about 5-7 mins.
- Lower the speed and pour the oil over the batter and mix well.
- Pour into a cupcake tin lined with paper cup.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 15-20 mins or until the cupcake cook.
- Remove for the oven and let it cool and decorate the topping