Sunday 30 January 2011

Banana Chocolate Cake

My daughter asked me to make a cake for her to bring to the Church on Sunday. I thought I would make Banana Chocolate Cake because I though that is a simple, but I was wrong, actually it not as easy as I though.
Ganaze (chocolate sauce) I made was a bit liquid. When poured onto the cake, it will flow into the bottom of the cake, look not so good and the side of the cake. I have to use clear plastic sheet to wrap around the cake to prevent the sauce does not flow or cake can stand nicely hahaha. Then the top of the cake I decorated with fresh Strawberry as shown.

After the cake has been completed once, but my daughter says that's might not enough, so I decided to make vanilla cupcakes and topping with butter-cream and blue berry sauce.

Vanilla Cupcake with Buttercream and Cherry Sauce 

The pink butter-cream recipes, I has found from the Wilton cake decoration book, and the white butter-cream recipe, I has recommended by my friend (Mam-Tiara from bloggang.)

Vanilla Cupcake with Pink Buttercream
After my daughter returned from a party and told me that her friends said the cake was beautiful decorated and delicious mouthwatering.



Buttercream Icing Recipe from Wilton Basic Cake Decoration Book 
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening 
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon Wilton Clear Vanilla Extract 
4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
2 tablespoon milk 

Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape side and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. (make 3 cups)

Keep Icing covered with a damp cloth  until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored for 2 weeks. Re-whip before using. 

For Chocolate Buttercream Icing: 
Add 3 oz melted unsweetened chocolate and 1 tablespoon more milk to Buttercream icing recipe. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...