- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicabonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 60 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1 tbsp golden syrup or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup toasted nuts, chopped
- Grease a 14 x 21 cm loaf pan. Line base and two long opposite sides with baking paper, extending paper 5 cm above edges of pan.
- To prepare topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl. Mix well, spread mixture evenly over base of pan.
- combine flour, soda, cinnamon and sugar in large bowl. Add combined buttermilk, oil, egg and bananas. Stir until combined and spread over topping in base of pan.
- Bake in slow temperature at 160 c oven for about 35 mins or until cooked. Stand loaf in pan for 5 mins. Turn out on wire rack, peel away baking paper.
- Serve loaf warm or cold.
Photo my MaeJJ