- 150 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 225 g butter, softened
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 125 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 75 g walnuts, chopped
- 100 white chocolate, chopped roughly (but I didn't put it)
- icing (confectioners') sugar for dusting (option)
- Lightly grease a 23 cm/9 inch baking tin (pan) and line with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a double boil. Leave to cool slightly.
- Sieve the flour into a seperate mixing bowl and stir in the caster sugar.
- Stir the egg into the melted chocolate mixture, then pour this mixture into the flour and sugar mixture, beating well. Stir in the walnut and white chocolate, then pour the mixture into the tin (pan), spreading it evenly into the corners.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C/350 F for 30-35 minutes, then turn out on the wire rack.
- Dust the brownie with icing sugar and cut when it cold.
Recepie from book 'baking' by Emma Patmore
Photo and Baking by MaeJJ