Friday, 17 August 2007
Chocolate Bread (Soft Bread)
For small loaf
- 250 grams white bread flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant dried yeast
- 40 grams butter
- 150 ml chocolate milk, warmed
- 40 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- Chocolate Milk for brushing
1) In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of warm chocolate milk with yeast and let stand for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
2) Combine the bread flour, sugar, and salt, remaining of milk and butter, and yeast. Use electric mixture, mix until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3) Turn the dough out onto a table floured surface until smooth, about 5 minutes or until the dough is soft and elastic.
4) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap, to rise for about 1 ½ hours or until doubled side.
5) Gently turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knock down the dough flattened, then shape into an oblong loaf or ball.
6) Place on the loaf pan, cover with a clean dish towel and let rise for about 30-40 minutes.
7) Preheat the oven to 400F. Brush the loaf with chocolate milk and bake at 400F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Let cool on a wire rack before slicing.