Original Recipe from: spoon fork bacon
- 4 semi sourdough baguettes
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped and fried until crisp (I used bacon bite left over from my beer read)
- 3 ounces gruyere cheese, grated (I used Cheddar Cheese)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially un-stuff the baguettes. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.