Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
Original Recipe from : The Slow Roasted Italian
- 3 cups all purpose flour (363 grams)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 12 ounce bottle of beer (I use 1 can of beer)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped (I use 1/2 cup bacon bits, I find you add more bacon, it's very nice)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 180 C.
- Prepare bread pan by greasing with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center. Add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and full beer into the well.
- Stir mixture with a spoon until combined. Pour mixture into prepared bread pan. Add remaining cheese. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. You can brush with more butter if you choose.