Sago Ball in Coconut Milk
With a another simple and delicious Thai dessert, It's does not take too long to make this dessert. I use coconut cream(milk) you can buy from supermarket - use the plastic packing, it's fresh coconut milk one. They're selling at 250 g and 500 g. I used 250 g it's enough for me and my husband because my kids doesn't like to eat dessert.
- 1/2 cup sago washed
- 2 cups of water
- 250 g coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar (if you don't like too sweet add less)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour for dusting
- Add water into a port and bring to boil, when water boiled,add a little at a time into a bowl of sago, stirring with wooden paddle, when the sago can be worked with the hand, knead a bit, then form into ball, place on floured tray, cover with damp cloth and set aside.
- In a boiling port, drop sago ball into boiling water, boil until they float to surface then dip up from water and put in cold water.
- In the other port, mix coconut milk with sugar and salt, bring to boil and then dip sago from cold water add into the coconut milk port and let it boil again.
- Remove from heat and serve while is hot.
OK....... dessert time!