These biscuits are delicious served with coffee after the meal. I have adapted the recipe from Chocolate Biscotti from my Baking Book at home. here we go!
- 250 g all purpose flour (I use bread flour)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g baked pistachio, chopped roughly
- 100 g dried cranberry
- Grease large baking tray (cookies sheet)
- Whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla flavoring in the mixing bowl with electric mixer until it is thick and pale ribbon of mixture should trail from the whisk as you lift it.
- Sieve (stain) the flour, baking powder into separate bowl, then sieve into the egg mixture and fold in gently. Stir in the pistachio and cranberry.
- Turn out on the lightly floured surface and shape into a flat log. Transfer to the prepare baking tray.
- Bake in a preheat oven 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer the log to cutting board. Using a serrated bread knife, cut the log on the diagonal into slice and arrange them on the baking tray. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Leave it cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store the Biscotti in an airtight container or jar and eat within 2 weeks.