Sai Aua is types of Northern Thai Spicy sausages, type of grill or smoked sausages eat with sticky rice/glutinous rice. In Northern Thailand it's quite famous as a local food, they served with Nam Prik Num (young chilli paste), fried crispy pork skin, fresh ginger, fresh chilli, shallot and lemon juice.
The taste is a bit spicy, it made from mince pork with red curry paste (norther style), kaffir lime leave chopped spring onion chopped, coriander chopped and salt. Mix all together and stuffed it in clean pork chitterlings (I bought from Bangkok, the frozen one) and then grill until it cook.
This is also one of my low-carb food, I made for.
- 2 m long of chitterlings or pork intestine
- 500 gm mince pork
- 250 gm mince pork bally
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (I use the Sia Aua chilli paste, my friend bought for me from Cheang Mai)
- 1 tbsp kaffir lime leave
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp spring onion
- Mix all ingredient together and fill in the pork intestine until full.
- Tie tightly both end and bring to grill, use the toothpick to poke around to release the air in side. Grill until it's cook.
- Serve with fresh vegetable, fresh ginger and fresh chilli.