The egg tart or egg custard tart is a kind of custard tart pastry commonly found in Hong Kong and other Asian countries, which consists of an outer pastry crust that is filled with egg custard and baked.
It is listed at number 16 on World's 50 most delicious foodscomplied by CNN Go in 2011
- 1 sheet of ready puff pastry
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 190 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
1. Beat eggs with milk, sugar, and stir well to combine and filter to make it smooth, set aside.
2. Turn the oven to 180 degrees C.
3. Roll puff pastry dough to a sheet of 3 mm as well as the dusting of flour slightly. Using fork to make pierce the dough, then use the normal cut a circle about 3 ½ inches, brush off any excess flour.
4 Press the cut dough into a muffin tin or cups,
5. Pour the custard mixture into all the dough.
6. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, when it cooked the egg will puffy. Bring it out from oven and later it will be a bit shrinking.
7. Remove the pastry out of muffin mould and leave it to cool on wire rack.