Tuesday 19 July 2011

Gum Paste Roses for Cake Decoration


This trip to Bangkok only two weeks, and I had the opportunity to learn how to make gum paste flowers from my teachers, her name is Aina. Actually she teaches people to make flower from the clay or its call “clay flowers”, but for me I would like to know how to make flower from gum paste so, I can use this gum paste flower to decorate my cake in the future. Before I’m going back this trip, I have arranged the date with her for me to come and learn. She so kind and agree to teach me in short time. I’m so grad and appreciate of her teaching.
1st day she taught me how to make roses with gum paste, and the other small flower, 2nd day she taught to make peonies and 3rd day was orchids. I only went to learn with her for three days because I don’t have much time for this trip, she taught me a lot of thing, very details and easy to understand.

I have known her on the facebook and she taught me and people who interesting about gum paste on the facebook too. She taught me in personally and make sure I understand and know how to do it. She would show me and let me did follow her step by step.


After I had learnt and more understand how to make it. I realized it I was done wrong as before, when I tried to make a roes at home and did not the correct way to assembly to form a rose flower. I had seen her video and her photo before but still did it wrong ;-(

I notice it more easily when I saw my teacher show me real making or when I did it together with her. I also can practice with her, whenever I had problem during making flower, I can ask her or she would tell me whether I did it correctly, if wrong she would explained  again until I understand or until I do correctly.

These are all the my 1st gum-paste works!  







I would like take this opportunity to THANK YOU to my teacher so much for taught me, I very appreciate that.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...