Friday 11 February 2011

CORN FLAKES BARS


Cornflakes Bars
I made these cookie bars on the Chinese New Year Day for all my relatives gathered at my house. We agree one family have to bring one dish to eat together. I have prepared food was a chicken soup and Chinese sausage fried rice, the dessert is cornflakes bar.

The cornflakes bar I made, I got the recipe from the Nestle, I added extra cashew nuts and chocolate ganaze for topping, it came out a bit too sweet, but still they can eat all, especially my children they love it. It’s crunchy, crisp and delicious. I am glad that my relatives like this dessert. Beside of these cornflakes bars I also had bake pineapple tart and cookies for them too. 



Corn Flakes Bars
Ingredients
  • 1-1/2 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
  • 1 cup NESTUM cereal drink 
  • 1 cup dessicated coconut
  • 50 g caster Sugar 
  • 150 g butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
Preparation
  1. Combine corn flakes, cereal drink, coconut and sugar; set aside 
  2. Melt butter and stir in honey.
  3. Add in corn flakes mixture and mix well. 
  4. Spread mixture in lightly greased Swiss roll or shallow baking pan.
  5. Bake in preheated 180C oven for 15 minutes
  6. Take out and cut into bars or square. If desired you can spread over with melted chocolate, cashew nut (crushed) and dessicated coconut (optional). 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...