I made these cookie bars on the Chinese New Year Day for all my relatives gathered at my house. We agree one family have to bring one dish to eat together. I have prepared food was a chicken soup and Chinese sausage fried rice, the dessert is cornflakes bar.
The cornflakes bar I made, I got the recipe from the Nestle, I added extra cashew nuts and chocolate ganaze for topping, it came out a bit too sweet, but still they can eat all, especially my children they love it. It’s crunchy, crisp and delicious. I am glad that my relatives like this dessert. Beside of these cornflakes bars I also had bake pineapple tart and cookies for them too.
Corn Flakes Bars
- 1-1/2 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 1 cup NESTUM cereal drink
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 50 g caster Sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine corn flakes, cereal drink, coconut and sugar; set aside
- Melt butter and stir in honey.
- Add in corn flakes mixture and mix well.
- Spread mixture in lightly greased Swiss roll or shallow baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 180C oven for 15 minutes
- Take out and cut into bars or square. If desired you can spread over with melted chocolate, cashew nut (crushed) and dessicated coconut (optional).