Monday 27 September 2010

Mocha Cheesecake

I have to thanks to Dynn, (my sis-in-law) She emails me this link http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/
I'm look through it and got a few interesting recipe. One of it is this one “Mocha Cheesecake”.

The reason why I like to make this was; 1st my oven can’t bake right now, it’s heat element on top does not working, I’m thinking whether to buy new one or repair, my oven was nearly 10 years old hahaha, 2nd I had left over cream cheese from last time when I made Carrot Cake for my daughter’s birthday and the last thing was I also had left over coffee biscuit a lot since early this year.

So the ingredients are all I had why not tried! After I made it and let my family tried, my children’s said it’s a nice cheesecake; my son eat most of it.

      



Here is the recipe, if you willing to try. 

INGREDIENTS
  • 250g plain chocolate biscuits, broken
  • 100g butter, melted
  • 2 teaspoons gelatine
  • ¼ cup just-boiled water
  • 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
  • 375g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
  • ½ cup caster sugar
  • 300ml thickened cream
  • 180g dark eating chocolate, melted
METHOD
  1.  Lightly grease a 20cm round spring form pan.
  2. Place biscuit pieces in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Add butter and pulse until well combined. Press mixture over base and side of pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, in a jug, whisk gelatine into the boiled water along with the coffee, until dissolved. Allow to cool.
  4. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Beat in cream, then the gelatine mixture, mixing until well combined.
  5. Pour half the filling into the biscuit crust. Drizzle with half the melted chocolate, swirling with a skewer until marbled. Repeat with remaining filling and chocolate. Cover and chill overnight, or until firm.
TOP TIP
It’s important that the gelatine and cheese mixtures are at a similar temperature when you combine them, as this prevents lumps forming. 
This recipe is not suitable to freeze.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...