The original of this recipe was from Germany. I had this recipe from my friend, she stay in London. She told me, she is my forum fan. But this fan prefers not to post any comment, she prefer to read our comment more than she comment it. She’s enjoys reading every comments in my forum and our group are comment so funny and made her smile.
When she told me like this, made me think back the old time about myself too. I remember when I first move to Singapore. I’m quite lonely, no one will speak Thai to you, no Thai food, and you not use to eat the food hear. I’m very bored at home when kids went to school and hubby always travels oversea business. I have learned to use Internet and searched to read and I found Thai food forum and very interesting for me, till now I had more Thai friend around the world. :-)
She also same like me who’s stay far from a home town and some time feel home sick. And when you found some forum or blog, and are there have all Thai people chatting, posting or exchange the idea of food, dessert as we did now. You’ll feel not lonely anymore.
Come back to my dessert. My friends (Khun Pan is her name) Khun Pan sent this recipe to me and asks to try. One night she went to attend a party dinner. They had served her a Cream Caramel with Desiccated Coconut for the dessert. She found is very nice and by luck she know the daughter of this restaurant owner. She went to ask the recipe from her friend.
After she has tried to bake it herself and may be other her friends too. She said the result of baking is similar the original, so she has decides to gave me this recipe to try out. After I tried it out. It’s very wonderful Cream Caramel Custard I ever done before. In her email she just gave me the ingredient and simple method. I never see this dessert before how is look like? I have to imagine myself, oh...dear!.. How can I do? So I suppose to guess it. And my guess is right! hahaha. To bake the caramel, I have to experiments myself because I ever bake caramel and failed before. These times like to try again.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ can fresh milk
- ½ can whipping cream (Use the condensed milk can to measure fresh milk & whipping cream)
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 100 grams Desiccated Coconuts
- 20 grams Desiccated Coconuts (bake till light brown color)
- Sprinkle the sugar into the pan and put the fire to make a caramel. Or you can put into the oven while you warm up the oven. Then take out and set aside for cool.
- Mixed fresh milk, whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk beaten to soft and creamy.
- Add in eggs into the milk. Continue beating until soft and together well, add a desiccated coconut and vanilla, Use the scrapper to stir and mixed.
- Pour the mixture over the caramel, put on to the oven on the bath tray.
- Bake at 180 degree C for 35-40 minute or until cook and custard become golden color.
Bring it out and leave it in the try until warm and put in the fridge for ½ hours or more if you prefer.
- Turn the cream caramel into the place or flat surface tray; sprinkle the roasted coconut on top of the cream caramel. Cut small piece and serve cold.
Thank you to Mrs Moricca or Khun Pan for sharing the wonderful recipe.
Bake and Photo by MaeJJ