Sweet Corn Bread
· 200g bread flour
· 35g castor sugar
· 35g beaten eggs
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 3g instant yeast
· 100g instant creamy corn soup (Original recipe uses 100g milk)
· 15g unsalted butter
· 80g corn kernels, drained
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, yeast and corn soup in a stand mixer and beat until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is smooth and shiny.
2. Add butter and continue beating until dough is smooth, elastic and can be stretched to form an opaque thin film without breaking (passes the window pane test).
3. Add corn kernels and beat using slow speed to mix in the corn kernels.
4. Form dough into a ball, placed in a large mixing bowl and let proof for about 80 minutes.
5. Release the air, divide dough into five portions and round them into balls.
6. Placed rounded dough into a tube pan, spaced evenly and let it proof for another 40 minutes.
7. Glaze with egg wash, bake in preheated oven of 180°C for about 25 minutes.
Note: I used my bread maker to knead the dough - Placed ingredients according to following sequence: corn soup, sugar, salt, eggs flour, yeast (just make sure to add in wet ingredients first, followed by dry ingredients, and yeast last, as you do not want the salt and yeast to come into contact). After 15 minutes, add in butter and finally corn kernels. I set to dough function and kneaded for 30 minutes. Do drain the corn kernels well and pat dry it with paper towels.