- 250 g bread flour
- 200 g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup multi-grain
- 1-1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 260 ml cold milk
- 50 g veg oil
- Put everything into mixer bowl and, knead about 8 minutes until dough smooth.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and leave for 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Take the dough onto the flour working surface and use rolling pin and roll it into a disc about 1 cm thick.
- Then roll it up like a swiss roll and place it, seam-side down, into a greased loaf pan.
- Leave the dough to proof in unheated oven, for 1 1/2 hours until it's 2 1/2 times its original size.
- Heat oven at 230 C for at least 10 min. Egg-wash the breads tops and put into oven, middle rack. Bake 10 min. If it the face is browns too much, cover with a piece of foil or switch to bottom element.
This is 2nd time I baked this multi-grain bread. It's my hubby favourite bread.
PS; these time I had adapted some of ingredient of multi-grain. My multi-grain this time was a raw oat, cooked green bean, flaxseeds, sesame seeds and I for got about my sunflower seeds, which i had a lot in my refrigerator :-) and after I mixed them all together it's was about 1-1/4 cups and then I need to add a bit more milk or water, because the dough will be a bit too dry.
Photo by MaeJJ