Sunday 12 October 2008

Multi-Grain Bread (2nd adapted)




Multi-grain Bread

  • 250 g bread flour
  • 200 g wholemeal flour
  • 1/2 cup multi-grain
  • 1-1/2 tsp active dry yeast
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 260 ml cold milk
  • 50 g veg oil

  1. Put everything into mixer bowl and, knead about 8 minutes until dough smooth.
  2. Cover the dough with a cloth and leave for 1 hour.
  3. Punch dough down. Take the dough onto the flour working surface and use rolling pin and roll it into a disc about 1 cm thick.
  4. Then roll it up like a swiss roll and place it, seam-side down, into a greased loaf pan.
  5. Leave the dough to proof in unheated oven, for 1 1/2 hours until it's 2 1/2 times its original size.
  6. Heat oven at 230 C for at least 10 min. Egg-wash the breads tops and put into oven, middle rack. Bake 10 min. If it the face is browns too much, cover with a piece of foil or switch to bottom element.

This is 2nd time I baked this multi-grain bread. It's my hubby favourite bread.


PS; these time I had adapted some of ingredient of multi-grain. My multi-grain this time was a raw oat, cooked green bean, flaxseeds, sesame seeds and I for got about my sunflower seeds, which i had a lot in my refrigerator :-) and after I mixed them all together it's was about  1-1/4 cups and then I need to add a bit more milk or water, because the dough will be a bit too dry.



Photo by MaeJJ

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...