Double Soft Bread
- Bread flour 320 g
- Dry yeast 3 g
- Egg 38 g
- Salt 4 g
- Water 160 g
- Whipping cream 35 g
- Honey 33 g
- Butter 16 g
- Mix all ingredients together except for butter.
- Add butter and knead into the dough until the dough becomes smooth, no longer sticks to your hands and is elastic.
- Shape into a round and let it proof until double in size, about 60 minutes. (but the dough does not proof so good, I have to leave it longer time)
- Punch out the air, divide into 3 portions and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll the doughs into a swiss-roll style and place them in the tin. (Be sure to measure out the length that you want to fit in).
- Let it proof until reaches 90% of the tin. (It's took me about 2 hrs)
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes; then reduce the temperature to 175 °C and bake for another 25 minutes. (I bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes)
- Remove the bread and let it cool completely before slicing.
Recipe Source: Warm Sweet Home
bake and photo by MaeJJ