- 3 -1/2 to 3-3/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 C. milk
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
In large mixer bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
- In saucepan heat milk, 1/4 cup sugar, butter and salt just till warm, stirring constantly to melt butter.
- Add to dry mixture in mixing bowl; add eggs.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- By hand, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough. Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead till smooth and elastic (5 -8 minutes). Shape into a ball. Place in lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface.
- Cover and let rise in warm place till double (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down; turn out on lightly floured surface. Divide in half.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Roll each half into a 15×7-inch rectangle. Brush entire surface with water.
- Combine the 1/4 cup sugar with the ground cinnamon. Spread each rectangle with half the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Roll dough up as for jelly roll, beginning with narrow side. Seal long edge and ends by pinching together. Place, sealed side down, in 9×5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise in warm place till almost double (35 to 45 minutes).
- Bake at 375 degrees till done, 35 to 40 minutes. (If crust browns too quickly, cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking.)
- Remove bread from pans and cool on wire racks.
Bake and Photo by MaeJJ