Thai foods mainly ingredient is herbs and spices. In Thailand there had many type of herbs and spice and also it’s consider healthy food. Especially “Tom Yum Ingredient” such as; lemon glass, red onion, galangal, kaffir lime leaves.
To prepare the Tom Yum Soup you need the ingredient as follows:
· Galangal - Kha is a larger and lighter – colored relative of ginger and has its own distinctive taste.
· Lemon grass – ta-khai is an aromatic grey-green grass. The bases of the stems are use in cooking and drinks.
· Shallot – hawm dang is the zesty small red onion favored in Thai cooking.
· Kaffir lime leaves – bai ma kruut has green fruit with wrinkled skin. The rind and leave are used in cooking.
· Lemon – ma naao also call lime, has small spherical fruits with are green and yellow.
· Coriander – phak chee is of the parsley family. The leaves and stems are eaten fresh abd used frequently as a garnish.
· Hot chilies – phrik khee nuu are the hottest type and also the smallest, being only about a centimeter long.
Photo by MaeJJ