Glutinous Rice with Shrim Topping
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pandan color, by cut pandan leaf about ½ inch put in electric blender with a bit of water and then squeeze out the juice, which it green color.
Preparation: I cook glutinous rice by using microwave method.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in the coconut cream and heat, stirring to prevent lumps. When coconut cream is boil, remove from the heat and set ¼ cup aside to be use when serving.
- Wash sticky rice or glutinous rice and put in a blow add pandan color water just like you cook normal rice.
- Cover the blow and put it in microwave, set to high and cook for 6 mins.
- Take out and stir the sticky rice, in this state if the water too much you can scoop out some, but if the water too little then add a bit water.
- Put the blow in microwave again and this time you can cook at high for 6 mins.
- When the rice is done, place it in the container with a tightly fitting lid, pour in the remaining coconut cream stir well, cover and set aside for a while to allow the coconut cream to mingle with the rice thoroughly.
- When serving spoon some of coconut cream set aside earlier over the rice before adding toppings.
- 100 grams finely chopped shrimp
- 50 grams or ½ cup grated coconut
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped coriander root
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar (I use orange color sugar, it’s can find in Singapore)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped kaffir lime leaves
- Chop shrimp and coconut together. If you don’t have orange color of sugar, you have to add a little yellow or orange coloring.
- Pound pepper and coriander root in mortar until ground and mixed thoroughly, fry in the oil until fragrant, then add shrimp and coconut and fry until done.
- Seasoning the test with salt and sugar. Remove for the heat and sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves.
Cooking and photo by MaeJJ