Vietnamese Stuffed Crispy Egg (Thai Style)
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 10-12 medium prawns, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil plus extra oil for the crepe
- A pinch of salt
- A drop of red food color
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup shallot, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber,sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, choped
- Mix the sugar, vinegar and water into the small pot and bring to boil in medium heat, until the sugar dissolve. Remove from the heat, put a side for cool.
- Add shallot, cucumber and fresh chilli into the dipping sauce
- Combine the batter ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Toss in the prawns and shredded coconut. Stir and add in a pinch of salt and food color. Sauté until the prawns is cook and fragrant. Set aside.
- Whisk the batter well and heat a non-stick or crepe pan (8 inches in diameter) over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of the oil and ladle about ½ cup of the batter and tilt to evenly coat the surface.
- When the crispy egg begins to feel firm. Add the filling and bean sprouts in the center of the crispy egg. Fold in half and reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Gently remove the crispy egg to a serving plate. Repeat with remaining batter and ingredients to make finish.
- Serve with fresh vegetable such as lettuce, bean sprout and dipping sauce.