Sunday 26 August 2007

Stir Fry Cereal Prawn

This is a local dish in Singapore. It’s very famous dish and delicious. Here you can buy cereal mixture in a package from market or supermarket. But I find it too salty. I ever use “Nestum” cereal instead and the test is nice too.

Today I cooked by using the cereal mixtur in the package, but I use a bit of mixture. I use kaffir leaves instead of use curry leaves. I didn’t put fresh chili (chili padi) because my children can’t eat spicy.

Ingredient
For 2-3 persons

- 200-300 grams or 8-10 medium prawns
- ½ package of cereal
- 3-4 kaffir leaves
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil for deep fry
- 1 teaspoon butter

Preparation
1. Wash prawns and leave the shell on or if you prefer to take out the shell.
2. Place oil in the wok and heat. Deep fry kiffir leaves until crispy and put aside.
3. Sprinkle corn flour all over the prawn and deep fry, until brown or cooked.
4. Drain out the oil and place the butter in the wok. Add cereal stir fly for 1 minis and then add prawn, keffir leaves, stir fly until all mix and remove from the heat.
5. Serve hot with some sweet sauce if you prefer it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...