- 1 cups water, warm and divided (110F)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- ½ cup chopped green onions (scallions)
1) In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup water with yeast and sugar and let stand for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
2) Combine remaining water, yogurt, salt and 3 cups of flour. Mix until smooth. 3) Add onions, followed by remaining flour 2 tbsp at a time, mixing until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4) Turn the dough out onto a table floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes or more.
5) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap, to rise for about 1 ½ hours or until doubled side.
6) Gently turn dough out onto a floured surface. Slightly flattened, then shape into an oblong loaf.
7) Place on a floured baking sheet or the loaf pan, cover with a clean dish towel and let rise for about 30-40 minutes.
8) Preheat the oven to 400F. Brush the loaf with butter or milk and bake at 400F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
9) Let cool on a wire rack before slicing.