Wednesday, 23 May 2007
Stir Fried Chicken with Rice
Stir fried chicken with rice
I like to try cooking different dishes and also to experiment with dishes I cook frequently.
This dish is like fast food, for when you feel like not cooking a full meal at home. It's easy and simple; also one of my favorite dish.
For 4 persons
- 4 cups of plain cooking rice
- 250 grams chicken breast meat, cut slice
- 1 ring onion, cut slice
- 1 cup spring onion, cut into 1 inch length
- 100 grams fresh mushroom, cut slice
- 100 grams carrot cut onto chunks
- 1 mid. size of broccoli, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic smashed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour or tapioca flour mix with ¼ cup of water
1. Boil water in a pot and when it is boiled, put the broccoli and carrot to boil for 1-2 minutes. Then remove them from the boiled water and put in a bowl of cold water for 1-2 minutes. Finally remove from the bowl and put them aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok. Then add garlic and fried until it is fragrant. Add the chicken and stir fried until it is cooked. Add ring onion, soy sauce and mushroom, stir fried for a minute and the add corn flour into the wok. Stir while you pouring to prevent it from getting lumpy. Add spring onion and stir fried everything until it is well done.
3. Prepare cooked plain rice on a plate, and then scoop the stir fried chicken on top or to the side of rice, place the boiled broccoli and carrot next to it. Best serve when it is still hot.