Last weekend, my son want to celebrate with his friends for his late birthday party at Downtown East Chalet. He asked me to bake a chocolate cake for his party but I changed to bake a coffee cake.
After party and he came back home, and said all friends said the my cake was very nice, but it's look like not a chocolate cake.... ahhhh! I forgot to tell him, it's was coffee cake hahaha.
The recipe for this is below, if you would like to try >>>
Coffee sponge Cake recipe
- 180 g caster sugar
- 180 g cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs (grade B) at room temperature
- 15 g sponge stabilizer or ovallette
- 35 g strong coffee (coffee+water)
- 30 g vegetable oil (sunflower, canola, or corn oil)
- 1 tsp coffee essence (option)
- Place sugar, flour, eggs, ovallette, water and Coffee essence in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at high speed till creamy for about 5-7 mins.
- Lower the speed and pour the oil over the batter and mix well.
- Pour into a 9-10" cake pan/tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 15 mins and reduce to 150-160 C for 20 min or until the cake is cook.
- Remove for the oven and let it cool before remove it from the pan/tin.
I use Red Mad Whipping topping cream. Beat until stiff peaks, add coffee essence or coffee+water (strong coffee)
Nuts Caramel Topping:
In the sauce pan, add brown sugar, put on the heat until melted. Add nuts and stir until coated nuts all over, turn off the heat and leave it cool. Sprinkle nuts caramel onto the cake.