Recipe adapted from; http://hiddenponies.wordpress.com/tag/rice-krispies/
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cup oats (optional)
- 2 tbsp flax seed (optional)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease 9×13″ pan.
- In saucepan, heat corn syrup, margarine, brown sugar, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal, nuts and any additions. Press mixture into pan.
- For the topping, gently heat peanut butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan or the microwave.
- When melted, blend well and spread over base.
- Refrigerate until firm, then cut into squares.