Mung Bean with Shrimp Filling
Preparation of dough:
Sift 3 cups glutinous rice flour into mixing bowl and add boiling water a little at a time about 1 cup, stirring with wooden paddle. When the dough can be worked with the hand, knead until soft, then form into ball, place on tray, cover with damp cloth and set aside.
Ingredient for shrimp filling
- ¼ cup finely chopped shrimp
- 1 cup white shredded coconut ( ½ cup for filling, ½ cup for coating pods)
- ½ tbsp well pounded mixture of coriander root, pepper and garlic
- ½ tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tbsp palm sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Fry the coriander root, pepper, garlic mixture in the oil until fragrant, then add the shrimp and ½ cup white shredded coconut and mix well. Add salt and sugar to taste. Then remove the filling from the pan.
- Use the coconut milk for ½ cup, bring to boil, and then remove from the heat. This is poured onto the pods
Filling the Pods
- Press the dough ball out into discs ¼ inch think. Place about 1 teaspoon of shrimp filling in the center, fold over and pinch securely closed along the edge.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to boil. Drop pods into the water, boil until they float to surface (about 2-3 minutes) then dip up from the water. Immediately tossed with the steamed shredded coconut to coat them completely, and then placed on the dish topped with coconut milk and serve with coriander.