Cooking and Baking with MaeJJ
TraveL - PhotoShooT
Cake Accessories Shop
Friday, 9 September 2011
Moon Cake with Durian and Lotus Paste
300g Hong Kong flour or plain flour
240g golden syrup
40g peanut oil
2 tsp alkaline water (you can do without this but it means that you have to leave the baked moon cakes for a few days to let it nature) or you can use 1/2 tsp baking soda with 2 tsp of water.
1 kg durian paste (I use 500 g durian paste and 500 g lotus paste and mix together)
200 g melon seed
1. Mix all the ingredients together and leave for about 1/2 an hour.
2. If you have a moon cake mould, stuff the pastry into the mould until full. Turn out the pastry and weigh it.
3. Next, you divide the weight of the pastry by half. If let's say the total weight of the pastry is 60 g, then portion your pastry into 30g each. Roll into balls and put aside.
4. Next, weigh your paste into also 30 g portion. Also roll into balls.
5. Take a ball of pastry. Flatten with your palm. Put a ball f bean paste in the centre and pinch the pastry to cover the paste. Then put the pastry into the mold to shape. Knock it out.
6. Bake for about 5 min at 200C. Then take it out to glaze with egg wash and bake for another 10 min or until golden brown.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)