This recipe recommended by Sana- from Made by Love. She a very nice friend whose always bake, find the new recipe for among of us to try, and her recommend never disappoint us too. Our group like to bake and share an idea, Technic and experience. This is one of many recipes she shares with us, and I need to Thanks so much for sharing her recipe.
I think among in our group many of my friends made this bread and like it. First of all this bread is very soft and fluffy, and then it’s has a sweet smell of coconut. It almost likes Thai dessert taste, and later on people had adapted add more young fresh coconut as well, and you can taste of fresh coconuts.
You can see the recipe here
Coconut Bread Recipe:
• 2/3 c. coconut milk
• 2/3 c. warm water
• 2 tbsp oil
• 1/2 c. sugar
• 2 tbsp. milk power
• 4 tsp instant yeast
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 egg, beaten
• 2 tbsp young fresh coconut
• 4 c. bread flour
• 1 egg white
• 1 tbsp water
• 3 tbsp flour
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp soft butter
• 2 tbsp dried coconut
Make a topping by, mix butter, sugar and dried coconut together and use a finger to mix like crumble. Set aside.
- In the large blow mix warm water, egg, oil, sugar, yeast, salt, coconut milk and young coconut together.
- Add flour 1 cup at the time and mix all until finish flour, then start to knead until the dough smooth.
- Make the dough into the ball shape, put it in the oiled blow and cover with plastic wrap to let the dough rise until double side or about 1- 1 ½ hour.
- Punch dough to release the air out, and divide dough into two, then divide the dough into small ball for 16 balls as well, and replete with the remaining half.
- Roll into a ball, then arrange in two rows along the length of bread loaf (4 1/2 X 8 loaf pan) you will get 16 balls in 1 loaf, then make the same as remaining dough.
- Cover with aluminium foil or plastic wrap and let the dough rest one more time until the dough rise double side
- Brush with egg washed (egg white mix with water) and sprinkle with the topping. Bake at 175C for 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Take out from the oven and let it cool on the wire rack.