Thursday 15 July 2010

Khanom Thein Sai Khem - ขนมเทียนไส้เค็ม

Khanom Thein is my favored, since young I always seen my mother and my grandmother made this dessert when they had a Buddhist Festival. I learn how to make and wrapping from my mother.

My family also likes it, my hubby told me it’s like Singapore “Ang Ku Kwuy” but the filling a bit different, Thai style the filling is testier and a bit spicy from pepper.

Every time when ever we went back to Thailand, my kids asked my mother to make this dessert but she will prepare the ingredient and let us do and wrapping. The recipe it's from my mother, very time she did these dessert she never measure the ingredient, she said she use to it just by estimated.

This time again when she did it, I asked her to measuring the ingredient for me, that’s why I can post the recipe to my blog, but sorry for posting in Thai language. I'll do translate for you soon :-)






ขนมเทียนไส้เค็ม สูตรแม่เราเอง

ส่วนผสม
แป้งข้าวเหนียว 3 ถ้วย 
แป้งข้าวเจ้า 1 ถ้วย 
น้ำตาลปี๊บ 500 กรัม (ถ้าชอบแป้งหวานก็เพิ่มได้ ปกติเวลาแม่ทำแม่ชิมแป้งเลยว่าหวานหรือไม่หวาน)
น้ำกะทิ 1-2 ถ้วย (อาจจะไม่ได้ใช้ทั้งหมด) 

ส่วนผสมไส้ 
ถั่วเขียวเราะเปลือกนึ่งและบดเอียด 300 กรัม
สามเกลอ (รากผักชี กระเทียม พริกไท ตำรวมกัน)  1 ชต 
น้ำมันพืชสำหรับผัด 
เกลือ (ปรุงตามความชอบ) 
น้ำตาลทราย (ปรุงตามความชอบ)




วิธีทำ
1. เตรียมใบตอง เช็ดให้สะอาด ตัดเป็นวงกลม ตามขนาดที่ต้องการ
2. นวดแป้งทั้งสองชนิดกับน้ำตาลปี๊บ ค่อยเติมน้ำกะทิลงไป นวดจนแป้งนุ่ม พักไว้ 15 นาที
3. วิธีผัดไส้ ตั้งกะทะใส่น้ำมันพืช ผัดหอมแดง และสามเกลอ จนมีกลิ่นหอม (ถ้าจะใส่หมูสับก็ได้ แต่ขนมจะเก็บได้ไม่นาน) ใส่ถั่วเขียวที่บดแล้วลงไปผัด ปรุงรสด้วยเกลือ น้ำตาลทราย ชิมให้ออกรสเค็ม ปรุงรสให้เข้มข้น ตักในภาชนะพักให้เย็น แล้วปั้นไส้เป้นก้อนเตรียมไว้
4. นำแป้งมาปั้นเป็นก้อน จากนั้นแผ่แป้งออกใส่ไส้ที่ผัดและปั้นรอไว้แล้ว ห่อให้สนิท แล้วแช่ลงในน้ำมันเลย
5. นำใบตองที่เตรียมไว้ วางประกบกันสองชิ้น พับใบตองให้เป็นรูปกรวย ตักแป้งที่แช่ในน้ำมันใส่ แล้วห่อให้เป็นรูปสามเหลี่ยม
6. นำไปนึ่งให้สุก ประมาณ 30-45 นาที ยกลง




photo by MaeJJ

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...