Custard Snowskin Mooncake
The original recepi from foodaholic, Thanks! for sharing your recepi.
Ingredients for snowskin
- 150g commercial koh flour
- 130g icing sugar
- 50g shorterning
- 50ml milk
- 180ml iced water
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g caster sugar
- 20g top flour
- 20g cornflour
- 15g custard powder
- 50ml coconut milk
- 75ml milk
- drops of yellow colouring
- 25g melted butter
- 300g lotus paste
- Mix all ingredients for custard together in a bowl except for butter.
- When its combined well, stir in butter. Steam for 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Mix the custard and pass through a sieve.
- Cool filling and scale at 30g each Scale green tea lotus paste filling at 30 g each. Shape into rough round.
- Flatten green tea lotus paste, wrap in the custard balls and seal. Shape them again into rounds and set aside,
Method To make snowskin :
- Sift dry ingredients (flour and icing sugar) into a bowl.
- Add in the rest of ingredients and combine well.
- Scale at 40g per portion, shape into rounds.
- Flatten the snowskin, wrap in the green tea custard balls and seal properly.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Place into a mould dusted with koh flour, press firmly.
- Dislodge imprinted mooncake from mould. Chill in fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.