Ingredients (A) - mix well
- 200g bread flour
- 50g cake flour
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 6g milk powder
- 50g sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 6g dry yeast
- 25g tap water (for dissolve yeast)
- 28g egg beat and measure
- 120g iced water – you may not need all of it
- 15g melted butter or canola oil
- 30g toasted black sesame seeds
- Dissolve yeast in 25g water and wait for 5 mins to become frothy. Stir well
- Mix the yeast with the remaining ingredients in A and B(except butter/oil) together to form a dough.
- Then add butter/oil and knead into a smooth and elastic dough.
- Add in black sesame seeds towards the end of kneading.
- Round the dough, cover the dought with plastic wrap until double in size, about 45 mins to 1 hour
- Punch down the dough to release some air.
- Shape as you want and cover with plastic wrap and prove for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Brush top with beaten egg(additional) and bake in preheated 190C oven for 15 to 20 mins or until cooked
baking and photo by MaeJJ