Healthy Energy Bars
Place in the bowl and stir ingredients to mix
- 2 cups raw oat
- 1/2 cup choped walnuts
- 1/2 cup choped pecans
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pumkin seeds
- 1/2 cup rasin or any dried fruit if you prefer
- 2 tbsp flaxseed (grind in coffee mill)
- 2 tbsp white and black sesami seeds
In Small pan boil together :
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or natural)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup corn syrub or maple syrub
- Bring the all the ingredients to a boil and boil while stirring for a few minutes until mixture thickens.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Prepare the tray or pan with foil or parchment paper and press formly the bar ingredients into pan. I have used rolling pin to roll down the mixture to pack it into pan.
- Bake at 350 degreeF for 10-15 minutes. Use the top rack as this syrub could burn easily.
- Cool in pan then invert on paper and remove baking foil.
- Cut bars in desired shape and store bars in bag or plastic containers.
Trip: Shorter baking time leaves bars chewy, with longer time they become crisp.
Cook and Photo by MaeJJ