- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 1 egg
- 4 to 5 Tbsp milk
- For pastry, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut into butter until an even, crumbly texture.
- Whisk together egg and 3 Tbsp milk. Add to dough and mix until dough comes together, adding additional milk if needed.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Roll out two thirds of pastry to less than ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Line an 8-inch springform pan or pie pan carefully, letting pastry hang a little over the sides.
- Roll out remaining one third of dough large enough to cover top of pan.
- Fill pan with Chicken filling and brush edges of pastry with egg wash.
- Place disc of pastry to cover the chicken and seal edge, trim and crimp.
- Make holes in pastry with a fork or scissors and brush with remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until pastry is a rich golden brown.
- Let pie rest for 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
For the Pastry I got the original recipe from TV show "Sugar" by Chef Anna Olson from http://www.asianfoodchannel.com/ . Thank you to Chef Anna Olson for sharing her grade recipe.
Cook and Photo by MaeJJ