This rice looks simple and easy to make but actually not! I’m glad, I can make it, which’s I think I will never make it good as I did. Some time when you make this rice, it can be over cook or the rice become too soft or brake a piece, so it’s not the right one.
- 400 grams glutinous Rice
- 500 grams shaded coconut and squeeze to get the 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 350 grams white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp water
- Clean the rice, and then sock the rice overnight or more than 3 hours. Drain the rice, and place in a steamer tray lined with cheesecloth, and steam about 7-10 minutes after the water has begun boil. No need to steam until rice cook, because after we need to cook over the fryer again then the rice will be over cook or too soft.
- When the rice is done, place it in the container with a tightly fitting lid, pour in the coconut milk just enough to cover the rice (don’t pour too much) stir well, cover and set aside for a while to allow the coconut milk to mingle with the rice thoroughly about 1 hrs.
- Melt sugar, salt and water in the saucepan over the low heat. Add in the rice and color (green or pink) stir until dry and sugar cover over the rice and look shining.Remove from the heat and leave it cool in the container.
- During to cool down I put the jasmines flower on top of the rice and cover for let the rice have fragrant of jasmines flower.
- Then you can scoop in to the small bowl or anything up to your idea.
cook and photo by MaeJJ