make 9 muffins
- 450 g bread flour
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 350-375 ml lukewarm milk
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 7 g active dried yeast
- 1 tbsp melt butter or oil
- rice flour or semolina flour for dusting
- Sift the flour and salt together into a large blow and make a well in center.
- Blend 150 ml milk, sugar and yeast together. Sire in the remaining milk and butter or oil.
- Add the yeast mixture to the center of the flour and beat for 4-5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- The dough will be soft just hold a shape. Cover with lightly oiled clear film and leave it to rise, in a warm place for 45-60 minutes, or until double size in bulk.
- Turn out the dough on the well floured surface and knock back.
- Roll out to about 1 cm /1/2" thick, Using a floured 3" plain cutter, cut out 9 rounds.
- Dust with rice flour or semolina flour and place on the prepare baking sheet .
- Cover and leave to rise, in warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Warm the griddle and pan over the medium heat. Carefully transfer the muffins in batches to the griddle.Cook slowly for about 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.