Angel Rolls - ready in 1 hour or less
- 3 -1/2 cups bread flour, divided
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 ounce (1 package) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup warm buttermilk (120-130 C)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- melt butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Add the buttermilk, oil and water, beat until moistened.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until amooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness, cut with a 2-1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degree F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush tops with butter.
Yield: 14 rolls