- 150 g Dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 225 g butter, softened
- 225 g self raising flour
- 125 g caster sugar (superfine)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 75 g pistachio nuts chopped (can use other nuts if you prefer)
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped roughly (but I didn't use this)
- Icing sugar for dusting (I didn't use too)
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan line with greaseproof paper.
Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over the saucepan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly.
Sieve (strain) the flour into a separate mixing blow and stir in the caster sugar.
- Stir the egg into the melted chocolate mixture, then pour this mixture into the flour and sugar mixture, beating well. Stir in the pistachio nuts and white chocolate, then pour the mixture into the pan, spreading it evenly into the corners.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 180 C or 350 F for 30-35 minutes until firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then turn out on the wire rack.
- Dust the brownies with icing sugar and cut into 12 pieces when cool.
The brownie won’t be completely firm in the middle when it is removed from the oven, but it will set when is has cooled
These recipes from the book of WHAT’S COOKING “BAKING” by Emma Patmore