Thursday 20 December 2007

Basic Sponge Cake



A few time, I made sponge cake. I never have success. Always had problem e.g. the bottom of cake too hard, in the middle of cake still wet. I like to search in "google" to find out more recipes and also other technique how to bake sponge cake.

I found a this blogspot (http://bakingmum.blogspot.com) and her recipe look simple and easy, so I tried to make it and the result come out very good and successful. Now I always use this recipe to make my sponge cake all the time.

Thanks to banking mum, whose share her recipe.

Basic Sponge Cake
Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 100 gm cake flour
- 100 gm castor sugar
- 12 gm spongecake stabliser
- 25 gm milk
- 90 gm melted butter

Methods:
- Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl.
- Beat everything on high for at least 7-10 mins until ribbon stage.
- This will be the right constitency for your batter.
- Add in melted butter at this stage and mix in thoroughly.
- Line some waxed papercups with baking paper or cake tin.
- Pour batter into the lined cups abt 3/4 full and bake it in a preheated oven at 190C for about 20 mins.
- When it's done, remove the cake from the cup or cake tin immediately and leave it on wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...